Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jaguars, Gabbert squash Blackmon's value

Going into last month's NFL Draft, there was one player I was watching on the first day -- Justin Blackmon.

I have the second pick in my dynasty league draft and Blackmon was my target. I figured Trent Richardson would be gone, so I wanted an impact receiver.

The Jacksonville Jaguars changed my mind.

I think Blackmon still can be that guy, but not immediately on the Jaguars.

The main reason for that is Blaine Gabbert.

I'm not sold on him as a starting quarterback, which means Blackmon's stock falls dramatically, in my book.

I look at Blackmon as a WR3 right now, with long-term upside.  If Blackmon had gone to the Rams, for instance, I think he could be a WR2.

Now, instead of drafting Blackmon, I think I'd rather have Doug Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment