Monday, November 28, 2011

The incredibily talented and frustrating Roy Helu

Yes, I'm still a Roy Helu owner.

No, I did not start him Sunday.

I thought about starting the Redskins running back over the Chargers' Ryan Mathews, but I didn't.

I just couldn't trust Mike Shanahan and his revolving door of running backs. I fully expected Shannahan to start Evan Royster this week, even though Royster was just on the team's practice squad.

Will I start Helu later this season?

I'm not sure.

I think he's very talented. In fact, I've had him in a league where I co-own a team with a co-worker since we drafted Helu in August.

Never cut him. Still hangin' on.

All I wanted to see was one game with Helu as the featured back.

We saw that Sunday with Helu's 108-yard performance that included a 28-yard score. Helu also added seven receptions for 54 yards.

Great game. And he did that against a tough Seahawks run defense.

I'm a Helu believer.

Now we just need Shanahan to believe in Helu, too.

1 comment:

  1. If Roy Helu is available on my waiver wire, I'd grab him. It's a risk-reward, but the reward could be worth it. However, the Redskins face the Jets, Patriots and Giants in their next three games.

    ReplyDelete