Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week 7 in fantasy football has been crazy, and the games haven't even started yet

It's been a crazy week for fantasy football. I'm not sure I remember so much action at the trade deadline as the was this week.

Let's recap. The Broncos sent Brandon Lloyd to the Rams, who really could use a wide receiver. I don't think Lloyd's value goes down for the rest of the season, but I don't believe he'll recapture the magic he had last season when he led the league in yardage. And, if you're starting Lloyd this week like I am in one league, don't expect much. Sam Bradford likely will miss Sunday's game, so you really have to temper your expectations this week with Lloyd.

Carson Palmer was traded by the Bengals to the Raiders. It's been a couple of seasons since Palmer's been relevant, so I wouldn't expect great numbers from him. Don't expect him to start this week, either. There were reports earlier that said he would be the starter. I'd stay away from this QB situation for this week. After that, Palmer has a nice set of receivers to work with, but I wouldn't expect QB1 numbers from him. This is still a running team with Darren McFadden.

Ronnie Brown was traded, then the trade was voided. James Harrison, the other member in the deal, failed a physical. It was later reported Harrison has a brain tumor. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Harrison and we hope for a speedy recovery for him. The Lions wanted Brown, presumably to fill a void at RB created by Jahvid Best's concussion. I like Maurice Morris this week as a fill-in for Best. Remember, this is a pass-first offense, so don't expect Morris to put up monster numbers. He should be a good RB2 this week for you.

OK, now to my teams.

I'm sitting at 4-2 in my one redraft league. However, I'm encountering a terrible bye week. I have LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson and Hakeem Nicks on a bye, to go with the the Eagles defense. The trouble is, our bench in this 14-team league is only four players deep. So, in order to fill out a lineup, I cut Montario Hardesty, who should start this week, and Jonathan Stewart. I picked up Kevin Walter and James Jones as fill-ins at WR. I also picked up the Raiders defense and cut the Eagles defense. At my RB positions, I'm starting Jackie Battle and DeMarco Murray. I could be 4-3 after this week.

In my one-player keeper (5-1 record), I have Mike Vick on a bye. I picked up Curtis Painter and will start him over Kevin Kolb. I really don't trust Kolb. I'm benching Shonn Greene and rolling with Mike Tolbert and Mark Ingram at RB, while I'm going with Willis McGahee at my flex spot.

In my seven-player keeper league (4-2), my biggest lineup decision was to go with Earnest Graham at a flex spot with LeSean McCoy on a bye. Fred Davis was on the waiver wire earlier in the week and I picked him up to strengthen my bench.

Finally, in my other redraft league (5-1), I'm going with Cam Newton over Phil Rivers at QB again. No other great lineup decisions with more byes (Victor Cruz, Frank Gore, Fred Jackson).

Good luck this week. If you have any questions, comments or anything else, post them here. You can also hit me up on Twitter @green_rick.

No comments:

Post a Comment