Thursday, October 6, 2011

What I'm doing for Week 5 in fantasy football

We're four weeks into the fantasy football season. There's still plenty of time to recover from a bad start, but you need to watch out for those bye-week landmines.

First off, here are the teams with the week off: Browns, Cowboys, Rams, Dolphins, Redskins and Ravens.

Make sure you're not starting anyone from those teams; there's no need to help out your opponent.

Here's where I sit with my four teams:
  • Dynasty league: 3-1, 2nd overall, 1st in total points
  • One-player keeper: 3-1, 2nd overall, 2nd in total points
  • Re-draft league #1: 2-2, 6th overall, 3rd in total points
  • Re-draft league #2: 3-1, 2nd overall, 2nd in total points
Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. In my dynasty league, I lost last week by 0.2 points, as in two-tenths of a point. In my re-draft league #1, I lost one game by one point.

Anyway, here's what I'm looking at.

I'm starting Cam Newton over Phil Rivers in one redraft league. I gotta ride the hot hand. I picked up Victor Cruz as a bye-week fill-in, and I finally dropped Hines Ward, who's been doing nothing.

In my other redraft league, I'm going to start Isaac Redman at RB2 if I hear news Rashard Mendenhall is out. If not, I have a choice between Jon Stewart and Dexter McCluster. Right now, I'm trying out McCluster for one more week. If he doesn't produce against the Colts this week, I'll likely cut him.

I've been searching for a QB in my dynasty league. I've been going with Matt Schaub and have been disappointed. I have an offer out for Newton in that league. I'm convinced he can help. I'm loaded at RB, so I have some backs in a deal. This week, I'm starting Matt Forte and Arian Foster over Peyton Hillis and MJD.

In my one-player keeper, I have Julio Jones in my flex spot. I like his matchup this week. I'm going with Jones over Mark Ingram (nice matchup) and Will McGahee (good news on getting the rock in Denver). I have Shonn Greene in my lineup, and I might pull him, but I want to see what he does this week. The Jets are supposed to go back to running the ball, so we'll see. I can't fault you for bailing on Greene at this point, however.

That's my thinking right now. Post or email your comments or questions.

You can follow me on Twitter @ green_rick.


No comments:

Post a Comment