Friday, October 14, 2011

What I'm doing in Week 6 fantasy football

I can't believe we're entering Week 6 of the fantasy football season. It seemed like yesterday I was working on my schedule to fit in my drafts.

If you're sitting at 1-4 or worse, don't panic. I've seen teams rally. Granted, there's a sense of urgency and you need to win. But don't fold.

If you are in one of those situations, don't be afraid to shake things up. Hey, you can't get any worse, right?

Just make sure you're getting some talent. And play to win.

Here's what I'm doing with my four teams:

I know he's on a bye week, but I picked up Jackie Battle in my one redraft league. My thinking was he could be a 2010 version of Thomas Jones, or perhaps better. I think Battle is a flex starter for teams the rest of the way. I passed on Earnest Graham to get Battle. This was earlier in the week, before news of LeGarrette Blount possibly being out four weeks. Graham might be the better PPR choice for the next month, but for the rest of the season, I like Battle. I have Felix Jones and LeSean McCoy at RBs, and Hakeem Nicks and DeSean Jackson at WRs.

In my other redraft league, my tough lineup choice was going with Fred Jackson over Frank Gore. I have the 49ers defense, and I do not like their matchup against the Lions, but I think I might keep them there. I have been looking at picking up the Raiders defense (vs. Browns) as a replacement.

I'm running into bye-week problems in my one-player keeper league. I have Vincent Jackson, Mike Tolbert and Willis McGahee out. I also have Julio Jones out with an injury. With a four-man bench, those are some problems. I picked up Plaxico Burress and James Jones to start at WR2 and my flex spot. It's a 12-team league, so pickings were slim.

My dynasty league is pretty set with no tough choices. I thought about Matt Schaub as my QB, but I'm rolling with the recently acquired Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Good luck this week.

Follow me on Twitter @green_rick.

No comments:

Post a Comment