Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sorting out the top of the RB list

Chris Johnson has signed and Arian Foster has a hammy problem.

Just what you wanted to hear before you draft this weekend, right?

Don't worry, here's how you should rank the top 10 in running backs for this season.

Take Ray Rice at No. 1. Yes, do the unthinkable. Bypass Foster and his hamstring. Don't jump on the CJ2K bandwagon.

Take Rice. He's going to score. He's going the pile up the yardage running the ball. And, he's going to add yards receiving.

At No. 2, Adrian Peterson is your guy. Peterson worries me playing on the Vikes. But he's been Mr. Reliable, so I'd grab him next.

CJ2K moves up to third, followed by Foster. I'm nervous about Foster and that injury, so I'd rather not gamble any earlier than four.

As the fifth RB, I'd tab Jamaal Charles. Next, LeSean McCoy is my pick. Rashard Mendenhall's workload last season worries me, that's why I'd rank him seventh.

Maurice-Jones Drew is my eighth selection, followed by Steven Jackson and Matt Forte.

No comments:

Post a Comment