Friday, September 9, 2011

What I did with some teams

It looks like I'll be rolling with five fantasy football teams this season.

I just wrapped up drafting on Tuesday, so I'll go over some of my selections.

First, this is a 12-team, one-keeper league. By the way, I won this league last year.

Anyway, I kept Michael Vick over Adrian Peterson. You can look at some of my thoughts on that decision here.

When it was time to draft, I picked 12th. I was hoping for Matt Forte to drop to me, but he was selected one player before I made my selection at No. 24 overall.

I went WR-WR back-to-back, giving me Calvin Johnson and Vincent Jackson. Some of the players I bypassed: Greg Jennings, Darren McFadden, Mike Wallace and DeSean Jackson. I like Cal and I think Vinny will blow up this year, so those were my guys.

(By the way, if you're wondering how I had back-to-back picks, the ESPN live draft application gives us a snake draft.)

After a long wait, I needed two running backs. To go with two elite WRs, I left myself a hole to fill. Shonn Greene was still available, which thrilled me. I followed that with Mark Ingram, a risky pick but I love his upside this season. I passed on Beanie Wells, Ryan Grant and Tim Hightower to get those two RBs.

After that, I went with best player available. Mike Tolbert and Jimmy Graham (yes!) were mine, followed by Julio Jones. I got Kevin Kolb as my Vick backup. Once I get through Vick's bye week, I'll be grabbing Vince Young.

I rounded out my team with Willis McGahee, the Eagles defense, Nate Burleson and Sebastian Janikowski.

Overall, my WRs are outstanding. If my RBs come through, I'll be tough to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment