Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week 3 fantasy football: A look ahead

There are plenty of lineup questions across the board in fantasy football.

My four head-to-head teams went 3-1 last week, bringing my two-week total to 7-1. My one loss was by one point, too, which kept me from starting a perfect 8-0.

We'll start with that team first. I was next-to-last on the waiver list in that 14-team league. I picked up Thomas Jones and cut Lance Moore. I liked Moore entering the season, but I wanted to grab a RB who might do something. I'm not sold on Jones, but in a 14-team league, depth at RB is precious. Plus, I figured I could grab a WR later if I needed one.

A team in that league cut Roy Helu, who I really like. Another team cut Dexter McCluster today, which leaves me with a tough choice: put in a claim for Helu or D-Mac. I have a claim in for Helu, although McCluster could be a nice WR to own in a PPR league.

I'm benching Felix Jones in that league as well. Right now I have Jon Stewart penciled in at my other RB spot. I'm going with the Cards defense again, too. It's a nice matchup against the Seahawks. And since I mentioned the Seahawks, I'd start Beanie Wells against them this week, but I must admit I don't own Wells in any league.

Over in my one-team keeper league, I have Mike Vick in the lineup. Reports on Thursday said he was practicing, so that's all I need to know. I have Kevin Kolb on my bench as a backup. I'm going to try out McCluster in this league in my flex spot. McCluster gets the nod over Mark Ingram and Willis McGahee. I started McGahee last week but I'm expecting Knowshon Moreno to play this week.

In my dynasty league (7 keepers), Arian Foster is on my bench again. I wish I had Ben Tate. I have Kenny Britt, but I have two great WRs in Cal Johnson and Roddy White, so I haven't started Britt yet. I picked up Blane Gabbert when David Garrard was cut before the season started. No, I'm not thinking about starting Gabbert (I have Matt Schaub), but I'm renaming my team Yo Gabbert Gabbert.

Those are my thoughts before the weekend. Post a question and I'll reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment