Thursday, September 15, 2011

What I'm doing in Week 2

In four leagues, I went 4-0 last week. Maybe that'll be the best it gets for me. Maybe not.

What was fun last week was the performances I had in the four leagues. I had the highest point total for the week in three leagues. In another, I was second overall.

What might be unusual is I have different players in many of the key positions, so it's not like I had Mike Tolbert, Wes Welker and Tom Brady in all of the leagues. In fact, I think I only have Tolbert in one league. I don't own Welker or Brady in any other league.

Anyway, all-in-all, it was a pretty darn good week.

I'm not sure I can beat it.

I'll give it a try anyway.

I'm rolling out Shonn Greene in one league. Yes, I was disappointed in his performance against the Cowboys on Sunday night. But I'm sticking with him, plus I like the matchup with the Jags, who did stop Chris Johnson. I'd go with Greene over Cedric Benson, Frank Gore and Mike Tolbert.

Speaking of Mike Tolbert, I have him in the same league as Greene. The matchup with the Pats worries me, plus he's coming off a knee injury.

Felix Jones surprised me against the Jets, so he's earning my trust. I'd start him over Greene, Ryan Mathews, Ahmad Bradshaw and Jhavid Best.

I have Nate Burleson penciled in my flex spot ahead of Julio Jones and Willis McGahee. If Knowshon Moreno is out, I'd bump up McGahee into that spot on Sunday.

Hakeem Nicks' injury has me nervous. I'm still starting him if he plays, but I'm not expecting a whole lot. And if he's out, I'd downgrade every player on the Giants.

I made one trade, I gave up Tim Hightower for Jay Cutler. I had Matt Stafford as my starter with no clear backup, so I really wanted to have an option beyond Stafford. Hightower was a stiff price, but I'm banking on Roy Helu to eat into Hightower's workload.

That's an early version of my thoughts on Week 2. If you have any questions or opinions, post a comment and I'll reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment