Tuesday, December 13, 2011

1-1 last week, thanks to DeMarco Murray

It takes a lot of luck to win a fantasy football championship.

I was on both ends of it Sunday night.

In my one quarterfinal match, I was up four points at the end of the Giants-Cowboys game. My opponent and I did not have anyone on the Rams or Seahawks, so our battle was closing in a hurry.

For most of that Sunday night game, I was in control. Late in the fourth quarter, Jake Ballard caught a touchdown, narrowing my lead. My opponent had Ballard left, and still had a chance. On the Giants' final drive, Eli Manning hit Ballard, and he was headed for the end zone.

Thankfully, Ballard was tackled just short of a touchdown, saving me.

Earlier Sunday, in my other league, I had DeMarco Murray leave the game. I lost by five points. Had Murray not suffered a season-ending injury, I'm sure I'd be in the semifinals, especially when you look at what Felix Jones did in Murray's place.

That's how it goes in fantasy football.

Have any interesting tales? Post them in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment