Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Super Bowl-bound. Did I win or my opponent lose?

There's nothing like having the high score of the week in your fantasy football league.

It's even better when it's the semifinals of your league's playoffs.

Despite my good fortune, I had to sweat out a win this week because my opponent had the second-highest scoring team of the week.

The game, which I won by 6 points, wasn't decided until the 49ers benched Frank Gore in the fourth quarter after they went up 20-3.

Whew.

I started Julio Jones last Thursday (much debated by me), but my opponent had Roddy White.

I debated starting Rex Grossman over Mike Vick, but stuck with Vick (good call). My opponent started Eli Manning over Tim Tebow (the correct call, but bad outcome for my opponent, but it worked out for me).

The star of the series for me was Calvin Johnson.

Megatron nearly scored 50 points in my PPR league that awards bonuses for length of touchdowns and 100-yard games.

So, did Calvin win it or did Eli hand it to me?

I guess I don't really care. I'm in the Super Bowl.

There's another week of deliberation ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment