Friday, December 9, 2011

Antonio Brown's big game was on my bench

Up until 11 p.m. Thursday night, I was feeling OK with my decision to bench Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown in the first round of my fantasy football playoffs.

Then, he clinched the game for the Steelers on a 79-yard TD reception.

Ugh.

Well, here's why I did it.

Brown would have been in my flex spot. However, I thought the matchup against the Browns, who were strong against the pass this season, favored a lot of running by Rashard Mendenhall.

That, in addition to my bad luck starting Thursday night players this season, made me gun shy.

I also had Mike Tolbert (vs. the Bills) and Julio Jones as other options as my flex.

Tolbert's there, but I don't expect 30-plus points from him. I am expecting a good game.

We'll see how it goes on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. I can empathize with your Thursday night luck (or lack thereof)...my Thursday decisions have been horrendous...As for benching Antonio Brown, well, the end result is not as important as the method you used. If your decision making strategy is sound, you will come out ahead more often than not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're right. I'm starting the playoffs with 30 points on the bench.

    We'll see how it goes. Still plenty of games left.

    ReplyDelete